Is your child struggling to make friends? Are they having difficulty staying focused to complete a task?
Our Social Skills group meets after school during the week. Children focus on using appropriate social skills and developing friendships. They work on executive functioning development such as self organizing, prioritizing tasks, and asking for help when appropriate.
These groups are a great way to help build a child’s self esteem and connect with peers. We offer ongoing parent and caregiver training to support the child’s progress.
Practiced skill sets
- Functional skills and social skills assessments
- Emphasis on naturalistic teaching techniques
- Interventions focusing on compliance and improving behaviors in generalized settings• Executive functioning skill development, including self-organization, attending and finishing tasks, and asking for help
- Social skills curriculum to address appropriate social skills and friendship development
- Ongoing parent and caregiver training to support the child’s progress